Monday, September 10, 2007

Scuba Diving

Mom and I just finished reqading ya'll's blogs. What a neat family and such cute kids. We love you all. Tyler and I went Scuba Diving last Thursday at Sea Base. Sea Base is located about 35 miles west of Salt Lake City near Grantsville. It is a series of ponds filled by warm spring water. (temp about 80 in summer and a little lower in winter) The spring comes up through the old Lake Bonneville bed and thus picks up salt from the strata. It has about the same salinity as the ocean. We were able to feed the fish lettuce. We would hold the head of lettuce in our hand and the fish would swim right up to us and take bites of the lettuce. It was so awesome. There were some really big beautiful fish there. There are two sharks there also but they were hiding when we were there so we didn't get to see them. They are about 9 feet long. It was an awsome day. Thanks Tyler.

Well two games down and we are at 50%, but I think the team will do very well. Hall was great. I am looking forward to the next game.

Love you lots!!!

Dad

6 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVED this new post! I'm so glad you guys had fun scuba-ing. Tyler can't stop talking about it! :)

BYU really gave (whatever the name of that team was they just played) a run for their money .... and apparantly that team was suppose to be WAY good. SOOOO - BYU must be capable of doing very well.

Hmmmm ... can you see why I should just stay away from football talk? :)

Love you so many!

TyGuy said...

Dad-

I am glad we went diving, it was a lot of fun. I like that we can share those times together... Catalina, Sea Base, The Crater... All good memories! I wish the visability was a bit better. Perhaps when we go with Jeremy over the winter all the algae will have died and the vis will improve.

BYU will go undefeated the rest of the year, and with a little help be in a BCS bowl. Mark my words!

TyGuy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Plonnie said...

ok, so now i'm certain i want to get certified. haha! that just sounds way fun. i think my courage is building again.

so excited for saturday! love when we can all be together.

Plonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon Jenson said...

Dad, when I told Tina about your experience at sea base, she even stated she'd like to get certified!!!!! Can't wait to get back and go scubaing with you

-B

BTW BYU will win out, I agree with TY.